May 14, 2012 — Oxford Film Festival announces Call for Entries
Festival organizers preparing for 2013 festival, the 10th anniversary of the Oxford celebration of independent film
Oxford, Miss. – The Oxford Film Festival organizers opened submissions recently for the 10th anniversary festival to be held Feb. 21-24, 2013. Submissions will be accepted through Nov. 1. Entries will be accepted in the animated short, documentary short, experimental short, narrative short, documentary feature and narrative feature categories with special prizes for Mississippi films. Mississippi filmmakers are also encouraged to submit music video entries via the festival website for free.
May 9 to July 15, 2012 = Early bird rate
July 16-September 15, 2012 = Regular rate
September 16-October 15, 2012 = Late rate
October 16-November 1 = WAB Extended rate
The entries may be submitted online using withoutabox.com or with a paper form that is downloadable at oxfordfilmfestival.com. Filmmakers will be notified by or before December 15. The festival is also hosting a separate free call for entries for 60 to 90 second short films that celebrate Oxford, Independent film or the festival’s 10th anniversary.
To be considered, e-mail melanie[at]oxfordfilmfest.com with a vimeo or YouTube private link. The films will be released on the festival’s website and YouTube page in early February 2013, prior to the festival, and will be played during the festival between blocks. Submit by November 1, 2012 to be considered.
Rules and Regulations:
1. Films must be 60 to 90 seconds and only be original content. No unlicensed clips or music allowed.
2. Films must mention Oxford, the film festival or the 10th anniversary of the film festival.
3. Films submitted under these guidelines are not being considered for festival competition.
4. Films submitted under these guidelines may be posted on YouTube by the festival.
5. Films submitted under these guidelines may be selected to screen at the festival.
6. If selected to screen at the festival, filmmakers must provide a pro res 422 file for projection.
7. By submitting the film, you represent and warrant that everyone with an interest in the film is aware of the rules and regulations.
The festival is also currently inviting businesses and individuals to be part of the festival by becoming a sponsor. With cash donations, the festival can pay for filmmaker amenities, such as ground transportation (including to/from the Memphis airport), hotel rooms, airfare for panelists, and cash prizes for winning filmmakers. In-kind donations can be enjoyed at our nightly parties, or the gift bags that filmmakers take back to their rooms. For more information on sponsorship levels ranging from $500 to $10,000, visit www.oxfordfilmfest.com.
The 2013 festival schedule will be posted four to six weeks before the festival begins.
The Oxford Film Festival is a non-profit film festival that is held annually in February at the Oxford, Miss. Malco Studio Cinema. It has become well respected throughout both the community and Southeast. The festival is known for showing insightful documentaries, eclectic features, and so much more.
For more information on the Oxford Film Festival, call (877) 560-FILM or email Melanie Addington at melanie[at]oxfordfilmfest.com.